External Relations and Development Manager
Our client, Invest International (Invest International - Dutch Solutions for Global Challenges.) is a financing institution for innovative Dutch companies investing in emerging markets worldwide. It finances companies – from start-ups, SMEs to corporates – and supports governments that want to make a difference for a better world by contributing to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Invest Internationals’ expertise lies in export financing, project financing and value chain financing. Invest International supports Dutch companies at every stage of their maturity, usually where commercial banks withdraw because the transaction is too complex or the risk too high. The focus is on sectors the Dutch are good at: Water & Infrastructure, Energy, Healthcare, Sustainable Manufacturing, and Agri-food.
With 2 billion Euros under management, Invest International seeks to deepen its European collaboration in the development and finance of green hydrogen projects in the global South, and its supply chain linkages to North-West European markets.
To help make this happen, Invest International is therefore looking to hire an:
External Relations and Development Manager
To be based in Brussels and ready to travel frequently.
This position can also be filled by a free-lance Consultant, with EU Partnerships & Blended Finance expertise.
The External Relations and Development Manager will be Invest Internationals’ Ambassador in EU community in Brussels and will build and grow a network in the European Institutions in Brussels as well as develop and deliver a partnership strategy, including a blended finance strategy and roadmap supporting Invest International’s key priorities, mission, and vision. The External Relations and Development Manager will report directly to, and work closely together with the CEO of Invest International.
The main responsibilities:
- Build up strategic relationships, SDG and Green Deal partnerships with the relevant EU Institutions and Agencies, and the like-minded organizations within Europe + UK.
- Manage the EU 7-pillar assessment project.
- Develop the use of the finance and guarantee schemes, the EU (DG IntPa and DG Trade) offers via the EFSD+, and how to optimize relationships in Brussels with partner organizations.
The ideal External Relations and Development Manager should have the following profile:
- A solid background in blended finance, international finance, development finance, stakeholder management and/or strategic communication within EU governmental bodies, other governments, multilateral development banks, (inter)national C-suite circles of companies, investors, and donors.
- Project management skills & experience.
- A self-motivated and result driven, entrepreneurial mindset and personality.
- Open and effective communicator with ability to convey complex issues in external fora.
- Negotiation skills and ability to exploit opportunities in multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Good networks in international development finance and impact investing.
- Strong abilities to influence thinking and decision making.
- Understanding of public and parliamentary debates and the sensitivities around international development and (international) sustainable business growth.
- Innovative thinker who is comfortable operating in fast paced, complex and changing environments.
- Analytical, critical thinker, able to take quick decisions and entrepreneurial.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, where need be.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken is required. A good command of at least one other European language (including Dutch) is important.
Invest International appreciates diversity. Different perspectives, backgrounds and insights increase the brainpower and perspectives for action within our organization, so that we optimally meet the needs of our clients. It doesn't matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are, and who you love. We are especially curious about your drive for social impact.
English + Dutch
- Freedom to take ownership of your projects independently.
- Meaningful work with impact where your work will have a direct impact on the sustainable growth and development of the emerging markets globally.
- We encourage continuous personal growth and offer variety through project and customized work.
- You will join a dynamic and open culture and a community of like-minded experts with whom you can exchange knowledge and experiences.
- We deliberately choose a flat structure that stimulates innovative ideas being presented to C-and board-level executives.
- This also means short lines of communication and a personal approach.
- Besides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, Invest International offers the opportunity to be part of a solid team that is convinced that in everything we do we live ‘impact first’. Do you want to make the difference? We invite all who want to work with us in making our world a better place worth living in.
- Sustainable cooperation that manifests itself in a long-term commitment. Both freelance and permanent contract possible. (The job description and required competencies are the same).
Other keywords: Development finance, BII, blended finance, development finance, EU, inter-national, leadership, management, impact, investment, efficiency, effectiveness, engagement, commitment, SDG, Sustainable Development, sustainable growth, Sustainable Development Goals OECD, EIB, IFC, EBRD, FinDev, DFC, EUR Association of banking, European banking Union, Investment, Investors, emerging markets.
Call HANS VERHEIJ
at the number: +32 473 715114